Excelsior Clan Page
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Excelsior's clan page for the game M.A.G.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GUYS! BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR PS3'S!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PurestCorruption
Private

GUYS! BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR PS3'S! Empty
PostSubject: GUYS! BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR PS3'S!   GUYS! BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR PS3'S! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 3:04 pm

Late yesterday, PS3 owners the world over were struck by a mysterious bug preventing them from logging onto the PlayStation Network and playing many Trophy-enabled games offline. Last night, Sony said they were looking into it, and now they've finally provided some official information...and it's kind of frightening.

In an update on the PlayStation Blog, Sony director of corporate communications Patrick Seybold says that they have "identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system." Along with a list of the problems (clock resetting, inability to log in to PSN, error messages when trying to start games, etc.), Seybold said that Sony "hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours."

Seybold confirms that Slim model PS3s are not affected. If you do have an older PS3 and have tried turning it on during this debacle, prepare to get the chills:

"In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data."

Does this mean that the disappearing Trophies that some users were experiencing (myself included) won't be coming back? If you'll excuse me, I'm going to be crying in the corner for a bit

Thank Goodness I'm a Slim user.

It would appear, after checking other sources, that PlayStation is gonna have a fix tomorrow morning. What really stinks is that now those Microsoft fanboys have some new ammo to fire at us.
Back to top Go down
jajnjc
General
General

GUYS! BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR PS3'S! Empty
PostSubject: Re: GUYS! BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR PS3'S!   GUYS! BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR PS3'S! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:47 pm

wow that really sucks, kinda glad i have a slim
Back to top Go down

GUYS! BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR PS3'S!
Page 1 of 1